Wednesday 20 June 2012

2nd Lesson

Another great lesson yesterday, Cant believe it has taken me this long to start swimming,
After a quick recap on what I learnt last week we started working on different breathing techniques, and it was exactly how I expected it to be, not easy.

After spending 23 years keeping my head on top of the water, it was a bit difficult to keep it under for a while.
At first i did think it would be a lot easier to grow gills rather than learning this but then as soon as I got comfortable with the idea of having my face under water,I got used to it.

We'll be going through what I learned yesterday next week again, and hopefully I can remember everything, 

One thing I did manage to master was the push and glide technique. That is when the swimmer's body is fully extended to become as streamlined as possible. The movement is used to push off from the poolside to glide through the water.

A big success overall I say.

Nik 



No comments:

Post a Comment