Wednesday 1 August 2012

Olympics fever

I felt bad for Michael Phelps last night since his record breaking 19 Olympics medals was over shadowed by my awesomeness in water.
I went to my lesson last night with extra motivation after spending the week watching the Olympics, ( If you'r reading this Carl "the Gaffer" it wasn't during work hours.....Honestly )

It was all about treading water last night, It's something that I have always struggled with and could not get the hang of it.
Just in case you don't know what treading water is here is a picture with description.





Treading Water is an aspect of swimming that involves a swimmer staying in a vertical position in the water while keeping his or her head above the surface of the water. Treading water provides the swimmer an opportunity to keep the head from becoming submerged while not providing sufficient directional thrust to overcome inertia and propel the swimmer in any specific direction.







I can't say I have mastered the technique however I think I did OK for a first timer, It is defiantly something that I have to practice over & over again to get it right, 

More on that next week.

If you would like to know more about DCLT adult swimming lessons scheme please email me on nik.pey@dclt.co.uk or check out our website www.dclt.co.uk/learnetoswim

Thanks

Nik 


No comments:

Post a Comment